College or University Program
These programs prepare students to help patients limited by physical, cognitive, psychosocial, mental, developmental, and learning disabilities, as well as adverse environmental conditions, to maximize their independence and maintain optimum health through a planned mix of acquired skills, performance motivation, environmental adaptations, assistive technologies, and physical agents. They include courses in the basic medical sciences, psychology, sociology, patient assessment and evaluation, standardized and non-standardized tests and measurements, assistive and rehabilitative technologies, ergonomics, environmental health, special education, vocational counselling, health education and promotion, and professional standards and ethics.
Institutions providing this program
- Ergonomic Program Management - Certificate
- Aging And Continuing Care - Graduate Certificate
- Chronic Condition Management - Graduate Certificate
- Occupational Science - Master
- Occupational Therapy - Master